Welcome Mentors, Mentees and those who are just plain curious! My name is Gina, and this is my #PitchWars 2017 #pimpmybio page.
Allow me to introduce myself.
My greatest accomplishment is being the Mom of four wonderful kids. Everything else is icing on the cake for me. With ages ranging from 23 to 8, to say they keep me busy is an understatement. While it may be tiring, it’s the best job I’ve ever had.
MY WRITING STYLE
The hard cold truth is I write the stories my brain tells me to write. *HINT* My brain doesn’t know about a crazy little thing called genre. To date I have completed an NA Fantasy, a YA Thriller, an MG adventure, an Adult Fantasy and an Adult Sci-Fi.
I once compared my brain to Willy Wonka’s factory, but I think Forrest Gump’s box of chocolates might be more on target. When I sit down to start a new book, you never know what you’re gonna get.
HIGHLIGHTS ON ME PERSONALLY (In no particular order)
- Love Six of Crows/ Crooked Kingdom
- Love The Red Queen Series
- Avid Eric Northman Fan
- I may be the only person I know who loved the movie Meet Joe Black
- I was a Star Wars girl before it was cool
- I’m an INFJ
- Game of Thrones and Walking Dead fan
- I prefer coffee but I’ve recently gotten hooked on Teavana
- Love cooking and baking (I’ve made some wicked pretty sugar art in my day)
- I seriously want to be Wonder Woman and kick somebody’s ass
- I love to travel
- I’m an only child
- I have tattoos
- I may have a slight Pinterest obsession (follow me!)
- Let’s not forget Blacklist. Am I the only one who has a thing for Red?
- Not a fan of the Housewives regardless of the city (sorry don’t hate)
- I have 3 bulldogs, 9 chickens, 8 rabbits, an iguana, fish, a sugar glider and 2 cockatiels. No, I’m not kidding.
****** MY 2017 PITCHWARS SUBMISSION******
This year I’m entering my Adult near future Sci-Fi novel. The boundaries of technology and science are pushed with grave consequence in this Frankenstein retelling set in a frigid underground bunker during America’s second Civil War. The working title is:
Looking forward to making new writing friends, Mentor Twitter teasers and making this story even more bad ass than it already is through revisions. You can teach punctuation, you can’t teach work ethic. Whatever the outcome, I’m committed to work hard on this project until it’s perfect.
And to all the brave souls who read this to the bottom, thank you.